The AAHRPP site visit occured on January 5 - 6, 2012. The site visitors commented specifically on the quality of our program and the extent to which our researchers and the IRB members and staff worked together collaboratively to provide protection to participants involved in our research programs. The close-out report was encouraging and included some areas for improvement that will enhance our human subjects protection program and can easily be accomplished. Some of the observations include the following:
- Include information in ERSA to document the control and access of research devices
- Implement a formal evaluation process of the IRB members, IRB Chairs and Vice-Chairs
- Provide educational materials to study teams and IRB members regarding the difference between privacy and confidentiality
- Include the IRB reviewer forms as part of the official record
- Assure consistency between the IRB approval letters and the minutes
We will be working proactively to address the issues above and seek continued help and support from teh Ochsner research community with this process. We are in the process of responding to the site visit report. We will be notified about our accreditation status in mid-March. We are hopeful that we will receive full accreditation.
If you have questions about accreditation, please contact the IRB Office at 504-842-3535 or firstname.lastname@example.org